Who is Hosting?

Board information, rules, news, and "How does this board..." topics.

Re: Who is Hosting?

Postby Nonkel Luc » 03 Jan 2019, 20:02

i'm in contact with Harro, to see whats possible.....will update soon...
May the bike be with you
Greetz Luc
Nonkel Luc
Triple Bacon Butty
Triple Bacon Butty

Postby alans1100 » 04 Jan 2019, 03:07

David W wrote:
mbrST1100 wrote:Who knows how to send money from North America to Mister Harro in Europe? Or to pay Luc for serving as our middle man? (Harro has given us his email.)

PayPal can be used for person to person payments and all you need is the receiver's email address but you need to have an account https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/send-money-online

There are fees for the transaction including currency exchange which the sender either elects to pay themselves or for the receiver to pay.

If the sender pays the fees e.g. $25 plus fees then the receiver gets the $25 in the chosen currency.

If you want the receiver to pay the fees then they come out of the $25 and the balance paid in the chosen currency.

Western Union do similar as well https://www.westernunion.com/au/en/home.html
OzStoc Member ( http://www.ozstoc.com ) FarRider No. 921

alans1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Full name: Alan
Make: Honda
Model: ST1100AX/ST1300A4
Year: 1999/2004
Colour: Midi Metallic Blue/C

Postby David W » 05 Jan 2019, 03:30

Verton Harro [for Pieter Huizinga] wrote:Correct. And the domains expire in two day's time, on the 1st of January. I did contact a few people with the question what to do, but never received any reaction.

I'll make sure database and docroot is properly archived, so if someone is interested in the forum and the data, please contact me at harro.verton<at>flexcoders.co.uk.

- Harro Verton, Pieter's former business partner
Nonkel Luc wrote:I'm in contact with Harro, to see what's possible.....will update soon...

Thanks, Luc.
Does Mister Harro want someone to buy this domain called www.my-mc-phoenix.com ?

Does Mister Harro want someone to pay some fees that are past due for that domain?

If one of us does buy it or pay those fees, can that help keep this site up and running, as it is now, for ... long enough so that we can try to find a new host computer for it and make at least a read-only copy of it?

And does he want a fee for his supplying his host site temporarily in the meantime?
Thanks again.
'Tis not its looks, but how it cooks.
And I've found that most liter size Pans, when warmed up, cook well.
David W
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Full name: David W.
Model: ST1100M/P ST1100AR/S
Year: 1991/1993, 1994/1995
Colour: 2 reds; 2 are black.

Postby Nonkel Luc » 07 Jan 2019, 11:24

i wil ask mister Harro :-)
May the bike be with you
Greetz Luc
Nonkel Luc
Triple Bacon Butty
Triple Bacon Butty

Postby mbrST1100 » 13 Jan 2019, 13:08

Any developments on this issue?

... transmitted from a CAT S60 thing ...
Keep tires down, ATGATT, STOC# 637 (Sept.'97), PanEuro# 42 (Oct.'97), candy glory red '92 (sold), re-furbed '94 (wicked), strawberry '00 (daily)
mbrST1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Model: ST1100Y
Year: '00, '94
Colour: R151CU

Postby Pieter Huizinga » 18 Jan 2019, 14:39

You're all in luck.

The domain hoster has by mistake extended all domains. my-mc-phoenix.nl, my-mc-phoenix.com, and my-mc-phoenix.eu will remain active until 01-01-2020, my-mc-phoenix.co.uk until 01-01-2021 (it was on a 2-year contract).

The site and database is hosted in the VPS we still have running for Pieters personal holding company, which we've inherited when we took over the IT business of Exite BV. It is unclear how long it will remain running, the contract has not been extended by Pieters partner, now owner of that holding company.

The running costs:

my-mc-phoenix.co.uk, € 29,00 excl. 21% VAT (2 years)
my-mc-phoenix.nl: € 15,00 excl. 21% VAT
my-mc-phoenix.com: € 15,00 excl. 21% VAT
my-mc-phoenix.eu: € 11,00 excl. 21% VAT

The current VPS: hosting, 1vCPU, 1GB memory, 1 database, 100GB disk, shared IP address, firewall, basic managed services, office hours SLA: £ 39,00 excl. 20% VAT per month.

(the domains are hosted by Qweb in the Nederlands, we're a British company, hence the euro's and sterling prices).

I have no problem keeping it running for the moment while you sort out what you want to do. Luc has my contact details.

Harro Verton
Pleters former business partner
Image Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. (Don't forget to vote! Not that it matters...)
Pieter Huizinga
Site Admin
Site Admin

Full name: The late Pieter
Make: BMW
Model: R1200 Cruiser
Year: 2000
Colour: Ice blue

Postby mbrST1100 » 22 Jan 2019, 16:42

Pieter Huizinga wrote:I have no problem keeping it running for the moment while you sort out what you want to do. Luc has my contact details.

Thanx Harro!

I can only repeat my suggestion that we club together.

An alternative would be that we accept sponsors/banners on this site...
Keep tires down, ATGATT, STOC# 637 (Sept.'97), PanEuro# 42 (Oct.'97), candy glory red '92 (sold), re-furbed '94 (wicked), strawberry '00 (daily)
mbrST1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Model: ST1100Y
Year: '00, '94
Colour: R151CU

Postby cammy_moir » 22 Jan 2019, 22:38

mbrST1100 wrote:
Pieter Huizinga wrote:I have no problem keeping it running for the moment while you sort out what you want to do. Luc has my contact details.

Thanx Harro!

I can only repeat my suggestion that we club together.

An alternative would be that we accept sponsors/banners on this site...

I would have no problem in making a regular financial contribution to keep the site alive - but its use has fallen to a very low level, would it be worth it? I would dearly love to think so. Just as aside, I was in N.Yorks at the weekend and stayed in Grassington, where we visited on BritStoc 16 or 17 - the last time that I had the pleasure of being in Pieters company. I know that no matter what happens to the site, the friendships and memories will live on...
cammy_moir
Triple Bacon Butty
Triple Bacon Butty

Postby PeterPan » 14 Nov 2019, 14:21

Last year think the hosting plan was set up Automatically while we were discusing what to do about the site and the data

Unless it was redone for two years I would imagine the same will happen soon.

Throughout the last 12 months nothing much has been said :(

What if anything are we going to do this year?

Peter
PeterPan
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Model: ST1300A9
Year: 2010
Colour: Red

Postby Forest 1100 » 16 Nov 2019, 02:13

Hello old ST friends,

I have come by here once every few months to see if there is still life in Pieter's forum, only to find it about as dead as a doornail every time. I just looked at a few of the "toplist" names to see when last visits here occurred and found Admin. Keith Legge hasn't been by in almost a year and Mod Hound hasn't been seen in over 3 years. Mod Dave Whitley (Moff's fav when camping) WAS by just the other day. :P The last new member joined in January of this year and I generally see about a dozen users online - no members - every time I have visited this site. If you look at the dates of the last posts on the main topics page, you see 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and very few posts done in 2019.

It seems that the domain will expire soon and it is probably for the best. The valuable information in the archive from Steinar's day will be lost, but there are other sites that can easily pick up the slack on that anyway. Our trusty STeeds, both the 1100 and 1300, are getting quite long in the tooth now and the demand for such info is bound to diminish with every passing year.

It was fun back in the day and unless someone has money to burn to support this site any longer, I think it should be put to rest, but hold those good memories of our dear departed host, Pieter. I never met the man, but he was my kind of guy! 8-)

All the best,

Forest
1996 Pure Pearl Red HONDA ST1100
Forest McCready
Forest 1100
Bacon Butty Legend
Bacon Butty Legend

Model: ST1100
Year: 1996
Colour: Pure Pearl Red

PreviousNext